Friday, December 26, 2008

Untitled


I'm just going to copy this from my myspace lol. Makes it a lot easier. But this was a poem based on feelings I had a couple of months ago. Finished it...yesterday lol. But, straight from my myspace:

So a long time ago in a galaxy far away, I was in severe frustration over...a thought or two. And a certain sadistic Asian girl said "Why don't you let it out through a poem, poetry-slam style?" At first, I thought that was the lamest thing ever. And then I watched some poetry slams and some Def Poetry Jam and it got a little interesting. THEN, I started watching as much as I could. All the while she kept bugging the crap outta me through punches and then I started writing a little, and then a lot. I spent a while writing this, like, idk a month, maybe a bit less than a month? Anyways, this poem is the poem I've spent the most time with, which isn't saying much considering any poem that I've spent more than 4 hours would've gone into that record. In any case this is a poem by a [heartbroken?] kid who tried to express himself.
Bao Vi: I don't think I'm "by far the best writer" you know. lol, there must be more! Otherwise the world is a sad place...

Note: I couldn't think of a name for this because...I guess it doesn't need one.
Also, I wrote this keeping in mind that it was a poem meant to be heard not read.


Untitled

If you ever see me quiet and in thought, or sporadic and fidgeting a lot,
Chances are I'm thinking of her.
I hate thinking about her...
Ahh, who am I kidding?
I love thinking, although…
I hate the fact that when I think of her,
my mind just hurts itself because of the conflict that occurs
and my mind wishes it wasn't so sick...
So love-sick.
However, I do love how when I think of the conflict,
I think of someone who got me to open up to the idea of opening up,
had me memorizing memories,
and I end up not feeling any regret for my fate.
For it was I who willingly took the bait,
and took the consequences to which now...
I'm here writing to reiterate my will:
to find and define the line where at what point my heart...
...will break
For you see, the person I fell for the most, the hardest,
had me burned,
and, like those walking down memory lane with fresh bandage,
I endure this burn even now, because
what can I say?
I've got something for her still.
And it's dying more every day
But…
What burns me more is the state she's in,
and the friends she's recently made.
She's been hanging with someone
who's knocked on my door so many times
who's bothered me and kicked me when I was down.
But also someone who's been by my side before
and always answered my calls when there was no else:
His name is CONFUSION.
But it's not the fact that CONFUSION is hangin around her that bothers me,
CONFUSION's around everyone, CONFUSION has fun with everyone!
CONFUSION is a popular person.
Although when it comes to relationships,
CONFUSION sucks at advice; I can't take it
because he tends to bring his twin sister JEALOUSY along.
and JEALOUSY, well I met her not too long ago and I soon found,
I didn't want this girl following me around
I think you're familiar with these two;
You know what I mean…
when they speak to you, they're so persuasive!
You start to listen but they don't make any sense
But then, you start to get in sync and rethink the link that connected them…
to someone you care about.
and this...is where things can and have gone wrong for everyone
She hangs around CONFUSION; I hang around JEALOUSY,
So I hate the fact that when I go to see her, they get reacquainted
And together the two of them go around ruining shit for me
And shit goes down that I wish didn't happen
So now when I think of her,
I can't help but be greeted by these two sly devils
But these syllables that I've used to name these two...
They're nothing more than silly bulls looking to give me a hard time
And speaking of time…
One man said "Poetry heals the wounds inflicted by reason."
She didn't show me any mercy,
she did worse, see...
she…didn't give me a reason.
Yet, she still left a wound.
Yeah, she hangs around CONFUSION and she knows he fucks with me,
But don't judge her or her friends,
because that last category also involves me
She's just a girl I know,
A memory I've memorized.

No comments: